Volunteering with SAILABILITY PITTWATER
As a volunteer you are joining Pittwater Branch of Sailability NSW Inc, which has 28 branches throughout the State. You can find out more about them and the world scene at, www.sailability.org.
At Sailability Pittwater we aim to provide a sailing experience for people of all ages and abilities, through recreational sailing. Those who wish to sail competotivly will be directed to our sister branch Sailability Crystal Bay, out of RPAYC, Newport.
Sailability cannot function without a dedicated and skilled group of volunteers, as we are fully self- funded, not for profit organisation. It is some of the most satisfying volunteering work around, especially if you enjoy the outdoors.
Our sailors come from many different areas, including Cerebral Palsy Alliance, various Care Centres , Special Schools , Adult Day Programs or those living independently.
There are many benefits that come out of volunteering with Sailability Pittwater, just to name a few.
- Acknowledgement of your valued contribution by sailors, members of the committee, and Sailability Pittwater.
- To assist with promoting a positive image of people with a disability in the community.
- To pursue your interest in assisting people with a disability and assist them to achieve “freedom on the water regardless of ability”
- To meet new people and learn new skills.
- To be part of a great program, and to be outdoors.
We operate from September to May each year with about 4 weeks break in Dec / Jan when people are very busy. There are 2 days each fortnight that we sail at Rowland Reserve, Wednesdays from 9am till 2pm and Saturdays 9am till 2pm. Light refreshments are provided but not lunch.
Look at our program dates and come down and have a look, you don’t need to be a sailor, just a willingness to help others, particularly those with a disability.